The chemical dependency began small. Maybe you started partying on weekends. Now, you’re thinking about enrolling in addiction inpatient rehab. However, are you ready to take advantage of an addiction inpatient rehab program?
How Rehab Helps You Overcome the Psychological Aspect of Addiction
You work with therapists who help you explore what made you reach for a drug in the first place. For many, a peer group interaction led to that first drink or hit. Florida inpatient rehab center specialists also work with program participants who have a long family history of drug use. Besides that, there are dysfunctions in stress management capabilities that might fuel substance abuse.
Typical modalities include:
- Behavioral therapeutic interventions, which focus on areas of dysfunction
- Psychotherapy that emphasizes the need for coping skills development
- Dual diagnosis assessment and care for program participants with co-occurring depression, anxiety, or personality disorders
- Experiential therapies, which help you interact with others, use some of the skills you developed and learn new life skills
- Family therapy, which brings in loved ones to heal and support you in your goal of lifelong sobriety
Enroll in Detox before Selecting an Addiction Inpatient Rehab Program
Of course, before you can focus on the psychological dependency, you need to overcome the physiological addiction. If your body still believes that it requires a drug to survive, you can’t focus on psychotherapy. Therefore, it’s vital to begin your recovery journey with detoxification. Treatments might incorporate:
- Medical around-the-clock monitoring of the withdrawal process to prevent the need for emergency interventions
- Pharmacological support that eliminates pain
- Holistic care, which emphasizes a balance of mind, body, and spirit
- One-on-one therapy for goal-setting and relapse prevention training
- Nutritional counseling that assists you with embarking on a healthy lifestyle after graduating from the program
This program only takes about seven to ten days. It’s quick, safe, and pain-free. Most importantly, it prepares you for rehab. Without detox, you may be at a significantly higher risk of quitting halfway through.
Similarly, a good-quality detox experience sets the tone for a Florida inpatient rehab center stay. It trains you to work with addiction specialists. Besides that, you explore group therapy dynamics and interact with peers in recovery. Therefore, you’ll feel comfortable with what rehab looks like before you ever sign up.
Why Choose an Inpatient Facility?
Rehab, as well as detox, should take place at inpatient facilities. Frequently, these are separate centers. Residential care allows for immersion in the therapeutic program. Furthermore, it eliminates access to drugs, paraphernalia, and a peer group that might not support your plans for sobriety.
If you struggle with stress management as a trigger, leaving your normal environment behind is vital. You immediately eliminate some of the stress that could make it difficult to focus on getting well. Just remember to enroll in detox before heading to a good-quality addiction inpatient rehab program. In fact, make the phone call right now while you’re thinking about it!