Your drug abuse is out of control, and inpatient rehab is the right answer. Did you know that there’s a stop you need to make before checking into a Houston inpatient rehab center? It’s the detox facility. Here’s what you need to know to kick a drug habit.
Detox Prepares You for Rehab
Medical detox oversees the withdrawal from drugs or alcohol. This isn’t something that you can do on your own. Most importantly, it’s not something that rehab tackles, either. A Houston inpatient rehab center helps you deal with the psychological addiction.
In contrast, detox lets you end the physical dependency. You talk with addiction treatment specialists who customize a program for you. The goal is to manage the withdrawal without too much discomfort. Typical modalities include:
- Prescription medications that help with withdrawal symptoms and pain
- Group therapy as a way to boost self-confidence and your resolve to quit using
- One-on-one psychotherapy, which encourages you to identify triggers for substance abuse
- Meditation training for stress management and relaxation
- Family therapy that provides a safe setting for communication and trust rebuilding
Depending on your needs, the process takes about seven to ten days. Within this short window of time, you succeed in ending a physical addiction. Now, your body no longer believes that it needs the drug to survive. Therefore, you’re ready for rehab.
Heading to a Houston Inpatient Rehab Center
The detox facility assists with locating a good-quality rehab center. Once there, you work with counselors to determine your care needs. Furthermore, therapists identify how to provide you with the tools you need to prevent relapse. The goal of rehab is to encourage lifelong sobriety.
Possible treatments include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy as a way to overcome negative patterns
- Dialectical behavior therapy, which promotes emotional regulation
- Dual diagnosis treatment for program participants with co-occurring depression or anxiety
- Life skills training, which helps you succeed when living independently
- Relapse prevention planning that focuses on how to avoid giving in to stress and triggers
Some of the treatments at a good-quality Houston Texas inpatient rehab center will be continuations for detox modalities. Rehab typically lasts 30 to 90 days. Besides that, you may participate in transitional living setups, which extend access to care. Work with an intake counselor to plan your road to sobriety.
Why Opt for Inpatient Treatment?
Residential treatment is the best option for anyone with an addiction. It removes you from situations that trigger substance abuse. Most importantly, you have an opportunity to surround yourself with people who want to help you. For many, this is a complete change from their usual peer group.
Similarly, inpatient care removes the temptations of relapse. You have no easy access to drugs or alcohol. Furthermore, you’re away from a peer group that might tempt you to start using again. Inpatient care is vital for detox and typically rehab.
Learn more about entering an excellent detox facility today. From there, receive input on which Houston inpatient rehab center could be a good option for your needs. Make the call today!